We get it, you have no time, don’t know how to cook or sometimes it’s just easier to go for the pre-packaged, sugar filled, chemical pumped snacks available at the store. But health deserves to take those extra 5 minutes to pack a fresh and natural snack.
Stop relying on “fat-free”, “Low-carb” ads, and get some real food on your kid’s bellies!
Here are a few ideas for healthy and easy snacks you can make at home:
1. Apple slices + Greek yogurt for dipping.
2. Rice cakes + Nut butter.
3. Bananas + Peanut Butter.
4. Frozen grapes.
5. Hummus + Whole Wheat Crackers.
6. Homemade trail mix
7. Avocado Chocolate Pudding
8. Our very own ‘Energy Balls’
9. Apple Sandwiches
10. Banana “nice cream”: Put some frozen bananas in the blender with some almond milk, blend and that’s it!
We hope these ideas get you inspired to look for healthier and better options not just for your kids but also for you.